Yahoo! Avatars

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

WEEK 1 - THING #2

I believe that I am a lifelong learner. I definitely started later in my life for I was not interested in learning when I was in high school. I missed so much information because I wasn't paying attention. Now, I can't stop being curious about the world around me. I am always thinking of non-credit classes I want to take at my community college such as astronomy, finances and automobile maintenance. I now enjoy learning for the sake of learning not because I have to.


Out of the 7 1/2 habits mentioned, I think I am best at setting goals. What I am really good at is breaking down large projects. This means that if I set a goal for myself, I can piece it up so that I get closer to my goal every week, month or however I wish to divide it up. I love this because you can celebrate the mini-goals which gives you continued determination and confidence to keep going until you complete the whole goal. I also write my goals down and all the steps that need to be taken to get there. Just the simple act of crossing an item of the list gives me a great sense of accomplishment.


Much like my classmates, I have a hard time perceiving my problems as challenges. At first I freak out and get all upset that there is no way to get past this problem and that I am never going to reach my ultimate goal (master's degree). However, usually, after getting a goodnights sleep, I am more optimistic and can see the problem as a challenge and not a insurmountable problem. I have also noticed that the more "challenges" I face head-on, the less anxious I get about the next "challenge" that comes along. I guess what doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment