Yahoo! Avatars

Friday, September 18, 2009

WEEK 3 - THING #7

One of the first classes I took at Clarion introduce me to Pandora. It has been a match made in heaven ever since. If you have never experience Pandora, I highly recommended you click on this link http://www.pandora.com/. I absolutely love music. Something is always playing at my house whether it be the radio, a CD or a music station on the TV. At first, Pandora seemed like it would be a sort of on-line radio station that played certain genres of music. For instance, if you like Jazz there would be a station for you. But once you really learn about Pandora you come to see that it is not just different genres, it is all the music that you like, whatever genres they might be. Since Pandora appeared in 2000, musicians there have been hard at work analyzing thousands and thousands of songs to pick up musical similarities between them. This means that when you type in a song that you like, Pandora will play it along with every other song that has similarities to it. I have discovered countless new artists that I never would have given a chance if it wasn't for Pandora. If I were a music teacher, I would utilize Pandora in my lessons. It would be especially useful for professors that teach music theory. With Pandora, you can create 100 unique "stations" for yourself. I have built a reggae station that plays not just any reggae music but the kind that contain the beats that I enjoy. I like to call it the soundtrack of my mind! I just can't say enough good things about Pandora. If you are a music fanatic, you don't want to wait another day to check this out! (and I am not even getting paid for this endorsement!)

2 comments:

  1. I looked at Pandora in my first library class, too. I didn't spend the time needed to create preferences and get my lists going, so I'm still stuck with my kid's old Ipod shuffle. That's MY personal station.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cathie for letting us know about this site. It sounds very interesting and I will check it out!

    ReplyDelete